Currently Indian market is flooded with plenty of low-cost quad core smartphones. Not only Indian companies like Micromax, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn, Spice are growing few China based OEM companies have started selling their products in Indian market. Till last year dual core processor, 512 MB RAM combination was super successful. But now quad core processor, 1 GB RAM is what they are on offering. Most importantly the price difference between a dual core phablet and a quad core phablet is just couple of thousands. At even less than Rs 10,000 you have choices.
The good thing is new features are being introduced that you so far have seen in high-end smartphones. I would have pleased to include a dust and water proof smartphone in this list. Unfortunately, in less than Rs 15,000 price bracket there is no IP57 certified smartphone available. Rest of the specs like quad core processor, 1 GB RAM, at least 8 MP camera, front camera are present in all 10 machines. Specs of all 10 smartphones mentioned below are pretty similar. Take a close look at the quick specs-
10 Budget Friendly Quad Core Smartphones
1. Xolo Q1000
- Quad core 1.2 GHz MediaTek MT6589 processor, 1 GB RAM, excellent multitasking ability
- 5 inch IPS LCD screen, 720p resolution, Scratch resistant DragonTail glass coating
- 8 MP back camera, LED flash, BSI sensor, Auto Focus, Face Detection, 1.2 MP front Camera
- Thanks to 286 MHz PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, 1080p video recording, playback support
- Dedicated camera button, Stylish, sleek and compact
- Latest version of v4.2 JellyBean operating system
- 4 GB ROM leaves not enough space for apps
- No magnetometer sensor, compass will not work
Price of Xolo Q1000 is Rs 14,999 on Flipkart.
2. Micromax A116 Canvas HD
Micromax A116 Canvas HD
- 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor, MediaTek MT6589 SoC, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, 286 MHz
- 5 inch HD IPS LCD display, 720p resolution support
- 8 MP back camera, LED flash, Auto Focus, 2 MP front Camera, 1080p video recording
- Huge fan club, lot of custom ROMs available
- Runs Android 4.1.2 JellyBean, upgradable to v4.2 JellyBean
- No scratch resistant glass, AGC Sadaline might be there, not an efficient one
- No BSI sensor in camera, pathetic low-light shooting
- No Magnetometer sensor, no support for compass app
- Buyers losing interest in only 4 GB ROM
Price of Micromax A116 Canvas HD is Rs 12,599 on Snapdeal, Rs 13,699 on Flipkart..
3. Gionee Elife E3
Gionee ELife E3
- 4.7 inch IPS LCD display, 720×1280 pixels resolution,
- Quad core 1.2 GHz MediaTek MT6589 Cortex A7 processor, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, micro SD card slot for storage expansion
- 8 MP back camera with BSI sensor, AF, LED flash, 1080p video recording, 2 MP front camera
- DTS Surround Sound Enhancement, Face Unlock
- Just 7.9 mm thickness, light weight and compact
- Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, magnetometer sensor
Possibly, there is no scratch resistant glass. Apart from that there is nothing to list here.
Price of Gionee Elife E3 is Rs 14,590 on ManiacStore.
4. Celkon A119Q Signature HD
Celkon A119Q Signature HD
- Quad core 1.2 GHz Cortex A7 processor, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, MediaTek MT6589 SoC, 1 GB RAM
- 5 inch 720p IPS LCD screen, 720p resolution support
- 12 MP back camera, LED flash, AF, 3 MP front Camera, 1080p video recording & playback
- Out of the box Android 4.2.1 JellyBean operating system
- Magnetometer sensor not configured, No compass app support
- 4 GB ROM seems bit lower, at least 8 GB ROM is what buyers prefer
Price of Celkon A119Q Signature HD is Rs 12,499 on Snapdeal.
5. Zen Ultrafone 701 HD
Zen Ultrafone 701 HD
- 5 inch IPS LCD display, wide viewing angles, 720p display resolution
- Quad core MediaTek MT6589 SoC, 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A7 AP, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP back camera, BSI sensor, LED flash, AF, 3.2 MP front camera, HD video recording
- Built on latest version of Android, v4.2.1 JellyBean
- Cheapest smartphone with 720p display (among the Indian brands)
- Build quality doesn’t looks too impressive
- Sub par voice calling and loudspeaker performance
- Only 4 GB ROM not sufficient for majority of the buyers
Price of Zen Ultrafone 701 HD is Rs 11,350 on Snapdeal.
6. Zopo ZP980
- Cheapest smartphone to sport 1080p display
- Quad core 1.2 GHz processor, Cortex A7 CPU, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, 1 GB RAM
- 5 inch IPS LCD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 coating, 1080×1920 pixels resolution
- 13 MP back camera, 1080p video recording, AF, LED flash, 5 MP front camera
Zopo not a popular brand as of now. No bad thing about the handset. The 4 GB ROM version disappoints but there is a 16 GB ROM option.
Price of 4 GB ROM version of Zopo ZP980 is Rs 12,999 while the 16 GB version costs Rs 16,999 on official store.
7. Spice Stellar Pinnacle Pro Mi-535
Spice Stellar Pinnacle Pro
- 5.3″ IPS LCD display, qHD resolution, giant phablet with great viewing angles
- 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU clocked at 286 MHz, MediaTek MT6589
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, micro SD card slot expandable up to 32 GB (64 GB via SDXC card)
- 2550 mAh Li-Po battery, decent hours of usage in single charge
- Android 4.2.1 JellyBean operating system out of the box
- Display resolution is poor, now have plenty of smartphones in same price segment or even cheaper price with 720p resolution
- No magnetic sensor, no support for compass app
Price of Spice Stellar Pinnacle Pro Mi-535 is Rs 14,990 on Saholic.
8. Umi X2
Umi X2 Turbo
- Only smartphone in the list with a 2 GB RAM version, really fast
- Quad core 1.2 GHz processor, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, MediaTek MT6589 SoC
- 5 inch IPS LCD 1080p display, scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 2 coating on display
- 2500 mAh battery is a much needed requirement for a 5″ 1080p phablet
- Runs Android 4.2 JellyBean operating system
Right from the beginning UMI have had issues with supply. Lot of irate customers out there in market. Should consider improving customer support. No bad thing about this handset.
Price of Umi X2 16 GB ROM+1 GB RAM version is Rs 14,000 while the X2 with 2 GB RAM+32 GB ROM costs Rs 16,000 on official site.
9. Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus
Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus
- Quad core MediaTek MT6589 SoC, 1.2 GHz Cortex A7 CPU, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU
- 1 GB RAM, decent multitasking ability, can play 1080p video
- 8 MP back camera, 2 MP front camera, decent camera quality
- 5 inch IPS LCD display
- No scratch resistant glass on display
- Display supports 480×800 pixels resolution
- No magnetic sensor
- 4 GB ROM should have been at least doubled, considering price it’s at par
Price of Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus is Rs 12,100 on Flipkart.
10. Wammy Passion Z
Wammy Passion Z
- Full HD 1080p display, 5 inch IPS LCD panel, scratch resistant glass like Xolo Q1000, Sony Xperia Z
- Quad core 1.2 GHz MediaTek MT6589 SoC, PowerVR SGX544MP GPU, 1 GB RAM
- 12 MP back camera, 2 MP front camera, 1080p video recording
- 2500 mAh battery
- Out of the box Android 4.2 JellyBean OS
- Magnetic sensor, compass works
Nothing exactly apart from 4 GB ROM.
Price of Wammy Passion Z is Rs 14,990 on Wickedleak.